University of California, Berkeley Graduate Applications
and Forms ~ Download here
Deadline: January 7, 2019 (for Fall 2019 admission)
Prospective Graduate Student:
Thank you for your interest in the graduate program in Endocrinology at the University of California, Berkeley. Since you may apply to only one department/program on campus, make sure that you are applying to the most appropriate one (please refer to the Faculty in Endocrinology page).
The online Graduate Application for Admission, Fellowship and Financial Aid will be available in early September at: http://www.grad.berkeley.edu/admissions/grad_app.shtml
Be sure to allow sufficient time for your letters of recommendation and test scores to arrive by the deadline.
The following is a checklist of required documentation and information:
- Completion of the on-line Graduate Application for Admission, Fellowship and Financial Aid.
Read the instructions carefully and complete all pages relevant to you. Be sure to include:
- A current email address – this is the primary means of communication.
- List faculty members you have contacted or whose research you are interested in. We strongly recommend that you initiate correspondence with faculty members whose research is of interest to you. Please refer to the Endocrinology faculty list for descriptions of faculty research interests.
- G.P.A. after the first two years (international applicants do not need to calculate G.P.A.).
- Statement of purpose and personal history statement. Take particular care in writing your statement of purpose. It is used to evaluate your preparation and aptitude for graduate study in our department.
- Three letters of recommendation; at least two letters must be from faculty familiar with your academic performance. Your recommenders will be able to submit on-line letters of recommendations. See Graduate Division website for detailed instructions and information. We will also accept letters directly from a letter service.
- Transcripts from each college and graduate institution you have attended. You can upload unofficial transcripts for review puposes. Official transcripts will be required if admitted.
- GRE scores or another appropriate exam (i.e. MCAT). The subject GRE test is not required.
Institution code: 4833; Department Code: 0299
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for applicants from a country in which the official language is not English. For Fall 2019, tests taken before June 1, 2017 will not be accepted even if your score was reported to Berkeley.
Applications must be submitted by January 7, 2019 (for Fall 2019 admission).
For questions of inquiries contact:
Graduate Student Affairs Officer
Endocrinology Graduate Group
299 LSA #3200
Berkeley, CA 94720